So here I am. My first post. Upon encouragement from one of my dearest friends, I've decided to do this thing called blogging. However I am afraid I cannot follow in her footsteps. You see, she is one of those moms who we all admire, the mom who always looks great, (you do) whose house is always clean, (it is) and who always seems to have the time to whip up a batch of muffins while nursing a baby and knitting- or making her kids shorts out of bandanas- or making baby clothes out of pillow cases (which she also made)-or writing an entry into her prize worthy blog. (and managing to document everything with amazing photographs.) She is amazing. I never thought that I would start my own blog but upon multiple conversations with my friend, she has mentioned that I should start my own blog about my crazy every day, mom related stories.
Hmmm you know what? She is right. My life is so full of blog worthy happenings that it would be a shame not to. (mis-happenings is the word I should use)
As I was sitting here pondering what to call this, I was thinking about my life. I looked around the room, saw my adorable one year old with sticky fingers touching every glass surface in the room, saw my energetic four year old launching hot wheels off of a stick into the never ending pile of laundry we have dubbed "the abyss", and saw my sassy seven year old making "mud clothes" for her barbie doll in the backyard. I was sure I could find a title with this kind of inspiration.
And then it hit me, well hit my foot rather. A big crunchy, flaky pile of crackers. Crushed up under my bare toes. Crackers that would start it all. That was it. A name for my blog.
Crushed Crackers.

I love this idea! I had no idea you are such a good writer. I will enjoying hearing about the misadventures of your brood.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Waiting for the "flaming toaster" blog.
ReplyDeleteSee? I told you sooooo! I will be checking in every day and laughing my head off. You really are a good writer! Just have fun with it. Crushed crackers... ha ha! Perfect...
ReplyDeleteps-Thanks for the glowing compliments and the link-y. I don't know about all that "lookin' great and clean house" stuff but it sure is nice to hear. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to share their childhood with them as they progress in this crazy life! I love you, Jess!
ReplyDeleteMaurey